Hi all. It’s me, Rose Mendez, your host of the Round Rock Daily. Here are all the most important things to know about what’s happening in town today.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny and hot. High: 100 Low: 76.
Check out what our local sponsor can do for you:
Round Rock business owners: do you need accounting help? Rock Business Solutions is a local firm with over 20 years of experience in financial services for small businesses — including accounting, bookkeeping, and payroll management. If your business needs help getting its financials in order or ongoing monthly accounting, let Rock Business Solutions help. Visit them here to learn more, or email them at [email protected]
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to get started.
Here are the top three stories today in Round Rock:
- Yesterday’s annual Round Rock Sertoma Independence Day Parade attracted large crowds of people to Mays Street, including many local and state politicians. The celebration continued with Frontier Days at Old Settlers Park, where is estimated 20,000 people were at the day-long party. (Fox 7 Austin)
- A press officer for Texas Health and Human Services Commission, which oversees SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) benefits, said an increase in applications and staffing shortages are the reasons why applicants have to wait 30 days — which is within the federal time standard. But Kihayla Soloye of Round Rock was told to wait wait 30 to 45 days for her SNAP benefits. Another family said they were told by the clerk, “we are 65 days behind, you’ll just have to wait.” (KXAN)
- There are 11 businesses that recently opened or are opening soon in Round Rock. Businesses coming soon include Next Level Urgent Care and Velvet Taco. Businesses recently opened include Besos Cocina & Cantina and Sushi Nini. (Community Impact Newspaper)
Help us make this newsletter better!
We’ve been getting so much positive feedback about the Round Rock Daily that we’re starting to get a big head. Want to bring us back down to earth with some constructive feedback? If so, take our simple — and quick! — reader survey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news, events and scuttlebutt you really care about. And it will help us toward our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you’d ever unsubscribe from.
We’d be so appreciative of your feedback that, if you take the survey, we’ll enter your email address in a drawing for a small mountain of Patch swag. You know you want that tote bag — so click the link and give it to us straight. Thank you!
Take the Survey 👉
Today in Round Rock:
- Outdoor Storytime for Toddlers And Pre-K At Centennial Plaza (9:30 AM)
- Preschool Spanish Bilingual Storytime At Round Rock Public Library (10:30 AM)
- Virtual Resume Review At Round Rock Public Library (12:00 PM)
- Round Rock Chambermasters At Round Rock Public Library (12:00 PM)
- Teen Movie Night: Spider-Man: No Way Home (Ages 13-18) At Round Rock Public Library (6:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Looking for work in Round Rock? View the link for the latest job opportunities in your area! (Round Rock Patch)
- Join RRPD for National Night Out on Oct. 4! It is a city-wide block party with RRPD, first responders, and your neighbors. For more information and to register your neighborhood’s Night Out event, click here. (Facebook)
- In preparation for Round Rock Public Library’s big move, Friends of RRPL is hosting a big moving sale in Library Meeting Room C! Stop by 216 E. Main St. on Aug. 6 and Aug. 7 to get great deals on books, movies, audiobooks, and more. (Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to start this Tuesday off right! I’ll catch up with you bright and early tomorrow morning with another update.
— Rose Mendez
About me: Rose Mendez is a freelance writer. She is studying English Literature at Hunter College. She loves reading, walking around the city, and coffee!